Criteria for Admissions
To become a LSAMP Scholar, you must exhibit the following criteria:
- Be an Undergraduate.
- Full matriculated Rutgers-Newark student.
- Major or intend to major in a STEM field
LSAMP Scholars have outstanding opportunities to help them complete a degree in STEM fields, including:
- Be part of a Learning Community of students who help each other succeed in classes.
- Have counselors who will personally help you choose courses and programs to best suit your interests.
- Earn stipends for tutoring, leading study groups, doing research, community service, etc.
- Have research experiences in your area of interest in faculty laboratories.
- Attend LSAMP conferences to be part of the greater LSAMP community.
- Obtain internships in STEM industries for practical experience and to make contacts.
- Graduate with a solid degree and have opportunities for careers or graduate school.
Being an LSAMP scholar also gives you opportunities to have experiences at laboratories through special programs that will
provide financial support to you. You also qualify for the Bridges to the Doctorate program which allows you to attend any
one of a number of universities