Group & Individual Academic Support
We provide an active and collaborative place to learn through a variety of peer-led academic support services that enhance student success. We offer the following core support programs:
- Peer-Led Tutoring is available in two forms. Walk-in group tutoring is available on all campuses and one-on-one tutoring is available through our partnership with the SAS Honors Program.
- Academic Coaching is a comprehensive service for students who want to improve their academic and self-management skills, such as time management, critical thinking, and study skills.
- Writing Coaching supports writers in a variety of disciplines and a range of courses. Our coaches meet individually with students about brainstorming topics, organizing ideas, formulating a thesis, structuring paragraphs, and developing an argument.
- The Learning Assistant Program provides support by placing undergraduate peer leaders in recitations and providing study groups in several large enrollment STEM courses.
- Study Group leaders review course material with students and integrate study strategies—note taking, problem solving, and test preparation—that link course content with cognitive skill development.
- Academic Success Workshops are available for student groups or university programs. These workshops address academic skills such as study strategies and time management.